Did you know that if you buy a mattress now that you can't flip them over?

I was so shocked when I found this out. I've always heard to rotate your mattress so it will last longer. but, if you can't flip them, they will wear out sooner and you'll have to buy one more often. I say that they do this so you'll have to spend more money.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• pillow top on the bottom...i see what you mean...I want a sleep number bed one day~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol why can't you flip it anyways? And if you absolutely can't flip it, why not rotate it?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine can be flipped and rotated and it's new. It's memory foam though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes I wonder... how do they make them unflippable?
    Jenyoseph

Answer by Jenyoseph at 1:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ive seen matresses that are like a matress and box spring in one (my sons got one) but im sure they still make regular matresses as well. and i had a pillow top that had the "pillow" on both sides so i doubt thats the reason...
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My tempur-pedic mattress doesn't flip.. well it CAN but the pillow-top won't be there. We can rotate it though and that helps. We've had it for years and it hasn't sagged so I'm not too concerned.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yep they want more money, use less materials and like most of the moms you can rotate it. That what I do, but I am a single mom no one sleeps in the bed next to me, so that will work I guess for a while
    Midnite00

Answer by Midnite00 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's just a way for the mattress companies and manufacturers to get more money. I saw an add that recommended you replace your mattress every eight years. It's all a scam!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow that is crazy and sucks! I'll be needing a new mattress soon :(
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have the foam block mattress too....no flipping required... although it should have came with a warning about how you will sweat your ass of for the next 25 years sleeping on it! ROFLMAO... I hate the damn thing... hubby thinks it is like sleeping on a cloud.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010