Motivation for weight loss

okay so ive been dieting and doing fairly well.. but im having truble staying motivated to stick with it and not give in or cheat by eating oreo's!! whats some of the best ways youve found to keep you motivated and strong for getting healthy?

momaholly

Asked by momaholly at 1:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• never had a diet. just now started to excercise and i never stick to anything but my so got me a wii and a wii fit plus and i freaking love it! yoga, aeorobics,boxing and excercise games! im always trying to beat my best score which is a huge motivator! havent given up yet! oh and it tracks your weight, bmi and your goal! Plus I almost never cook ground beef only turkey burger and Grape fruit helps burn calories!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• visualize your ideal body. find pictures of women with that body and look at them when you start to lose motivation and tell yourself "that will be me"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• When you have a craving for something that will blow your diet walk away and do another activity that will keep you busy for 15 minutes. For me the craving usually passes and I get involved doing something I like. Don't deprive yourself of occasional treats though, just pick wisely. For when I really need something sweet I have a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich and that does the trick. They are very good and only 140 calories with 1.5 grams of fat.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i just bought wii and wii fit yesterday off ebay!!
    momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The real trick is not overdoing it. Weight loss is a mental thing. The moment you think you are being deprived you're in trouble. What you should do is "diet" 6 days a week and on the 7th day, just like in the Bible, you rest. Now this doesn't mean you eat like a pig. Eat a sesible amout of something you've craved and just once that day is it. Drink whatever your current weight is now, half that number for ounces if water everyday. Exercise at least 30 mins everyday and keep changing it and do it with someone so you don't get bored. Keep your calories low and carbs too, especially the terrible ones like white flour. Buy a pair of jeans that are the ideal size and keep them out where you can see them. Put a "skinny" pic of yourself on the fridge. Don't buy any junk. Reward yourself each week if necessary with something like a lipstick, earrings, etc
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I remember that heart disease is the number one killer of women in our country and the easiest and most effective way to keep my heart healthy is eating clean, unprocessed foods (what our bodies were built to ingest) and getting regular exercise. You have to look at it from a health standpoint. Why do I eat clean and do daily yoga? Because I want to live a very long time. Simple as that. Keep yourself heatlhy=keeping yourself alive.
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 11:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I just bought a wii fit too. It makes exercising fun. I just picture my double chin and flab when I was at 160 my heaviest, and I picture the body I had at 17, I would like to be somewhere in the middle...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• This site gives you different work out videos you can use, different foods, etc:)

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I wrote an article on Top 10 Works For Finding Inspiration & Motivation Within - you can read it here - http://www.associatedcontent.com/artile/663111/top_10_works_for_finding_the_inspiration.html?cat=72
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 6:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010