How can I get my son Potty Tread????????

I have a 2 year old son he will be 3 in 2 months now and I been trying to get him potty tread and nothing is working. I got him pull ups did not work and I did get underwear with him favorite Toy story and still don't work. I don't know what else to do and it is hard to potty tread him and I am a single mom of 3. He got a 1 year old sister and a 6 month old brother. Anyone please help me!!!!!

Dana H.

Asked by Dana H. at 1:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have to show him how and be consistent and DO NOT USE DIAPERS OR PULLUPS. Make the potty fun. Buy a little potty, its less intimidating.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• To potty train a little boy, what I did was have a big boy party. We had a little cake & parade, gave him big boy underwear, and made a chart for the bathroom with stickers for him to put up every time he tried- Also get books on it from the library and a dvd on it.

Then take the diapers off and let him run around the house in big undies, and take him every 15-20 minutes to try. My son was more comfy sitting at first so we would do that and whether any pee came out, he got praised. Some parents would give m&ms, we did stickers on the chart, and he liked washing his hands and all...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ps with my son he preferred the toilet but my daughter liked the little potty. It's good to have around in case, but the toilet is nicer in my opinion, since you don't have to dump out the little potty and wash it every time they use it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son just turned three last month and i finally got him trained as well. It was so frustrating. I had been trying to train since one. I first bought a potty that made music... did NOT work (1 years) I was still set on getting him trained that i would take him in the bathroom every hour still no improvement. After a month of trying i was told to give it time and that he will go when he is ready. I was also told that when they are still waking up soaked then they arent ready either. So, i took that advice temp. By time he turned two he started hiding in the corner to do his business. I told myself im going to try again. I went out and bought big boys underwear NOT pullups because i felt they were a waste of money personal opinion. He loved the way they felt but he had accident after accident. After a couple months of that no progress. My husband then went out and bought an elmo potty training poster from walmart that came with
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Don't be afraid to bribe lol I had to bribe my 3rd kids(2son)with MnM's
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• stickers and he was so excited. I explained that if he went potty that he would get to put a sticker on his poster i taped up in his bathroom. I also went out and bought little toys and candy for his "potty basket:" After that i started to notice some progress finally. My son gave baby steps a whole new meaning. He started telling me he had to use the bathroom when i would give him a bath. I would take him out and put him on the potty. After that day i would say lets see if you can use the potty before you take a bath like a big boy. He did and i would praise him and he felt so proud. He had been using the potty before bath or during which was major for us. A week passed and i started using his big boy pants. Not one accident. He finally got it. I actually think the bribery worked more than anything. Some say consistance, some bribery, and some say they will when they are ready. GL hun!
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010