What are some nice excesize/games that get the body moving for children?

I remember this one game that we played that involved a tent/parachute of rainbows that we would play in gym and we would run under holding the little straps and sit there for a while or run from one side to the other when we were picked. Another game we played was a statue game where we would have the lights turned off and there would be a janitor or someone... they would have to figure out who moved or some thing like that. What was your favorite active game/exercise growing up? Do you still play it or do you play it with your children?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love all of the above!
    When my children were old enough to pay attention (around 2 I think) we used to sing silly songs that we could do activities to. What comes to mind is I'm a Little Teapot, Eensy-Weensy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Head Shoulders Knees & Toes...all fun songs that keeps them active and works on their gross and fine motor skills.
    Then, of course, there's the chase around the house by the Tickle Monster...lol...we would take turns doing that...it was so much fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Simon says is cool and classic.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ahhh yes I remember those. We like to play duck duck goose
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• water balloons or paint balls but my kids are more into wii sports/fit
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Red light, green light
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 9:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
    The Hokey Pokey
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I liked Red Rover too cause I would plow through the popular girls when the teacher finally made them include me lol
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010