Low sex drive!! adult content

In the last 4 months I have not been wanting to have sex at all. Nothing sexual. No masterbating and no sex. I LOVE my husband and he is so HOT to me, but I am never in the mood to have sex. We have a great relationship. We talk all the time about everything, we hold hands, kiss, and touch all the time; we just hardly ever have sex. He tries, and sometimes I do because I know what it has been a long time, but I am not in the mood. I enjoy it when we do have sex, but its hard to get myself to want it. Any tips or words of advise?

Payan04

Asked by Payan04 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Hmm. Could you be going through menopause? If you're not middle-aged, it could be other things. You could be stressed, or it could be a medication you're taking (lots of birth controls and psychiatric meds can lower sex drive). You may want to talk to a doctor and see about taking a women's sex drive medication. This could really help.

If you're not interested in trying that, I would suggest having sex anyway. I know that sounds silly, but I know that (me personally) if I am having sex regularly, my sex drive is higher. If we go a couple of weeks without, I get used to not having sex and I don't miss it. Try getting yourself hot and bothered for hubby, or getting him all hot for you. Send him naughty text & pic messages. Try finding a new source of passion for your sex life.

Most importantly, talk to him. You said you tell him everything, so you probably have already done this. But talking about it may help you both out!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it sounds like you're impotent hun. the first step to curing impotency is to try to masturbate yourself regularly. you may not feel the drive at first but thats how you remind your brain that you enjoy pleasure and it will help your brain want it again. just try it once a day even though you don't have the urge
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• maybe have a glass of wine to relax a litte....somtimes when you have alot on your mind...or having a busy week sex is the last thing on your mind...try sipping on wine to relax bit
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It could be your vitamin and mineral blood level. Zinc, magnesium, B vitamins, iron and vitamin C all play roles in sex drive and overall mood, and more than 60% of women are deficient in these vitamins and minerals. Food sources are the best way to increase your blood levels of vitamins and minerals so increasing your intake of nuts, seeds, strawberries, avocadoes, dark green leafy vegetables, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes and citrus fruits is a good step. It will take several months of consistent intake to see improvement. A topical L-Arginine supplement may help you in the short term; they are available over-the-counter marketed as "pleasure increasers" for women, usually found in the family planning aisle of the grocery store. Trial and error may be needed to find out the correct amount for you to use and less is usually more.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• All the above posters could be right.
    But it could be depression as well. Might need treatment if it's affecting other areas of life. I tend to take St. Johns Wort for mine.
    Trial and error hopefull will sort things out. Good Luck and good sex!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You sound like me! lol. I have the same issue. I know I'm not depressed though. Hmm. Wish I could help you, but I hope you get it figured out! I will keep coming back to this post to see what others are saying. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Aside from possible issues it may cause with the hubby, what's so terrible about her not wanting sex?
    elena_rae

Answer by elena_rae at 3:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010