Explain how labor felt for you......

exactly what did labor pains, feel like to you
?????

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 2:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Like I was shitting a watermelon!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The 1st time all I felt was a scapel because it was a c-sec and YES I felt it because I got an extremely high fever and the pain med went straight to the fever. 2nd time was a VBAC and I went all natural with no drugs so that I could actually FEEL to push.It feels like the worst menstrual cramps ever and the more dialated you are the worse it gets but that's not really the most painful. The real pain is when the baby starts crowning. It feels like an indescriabable pressure in your birth canal. Like a watermelon is going to explode down there. Btw, I don't recommend an epidural. They slow down labor, increase c-sec odds, can paralyze you, can cause headaches yrs later, don't always work, can make it hard or impossible to push you're so numb, give you the shakes and get way cold afterwards, and 6 yrs after having mine I can still feel where they put the needle in. I get pains at the site all the time.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i didn't have any pain at all. i had irregular contractions that went from 3 min to 2 min to 4 min for hours but they didn't hurt. i went to the hospital and was shocked that i was 5 cm. no regular contraction and no pain. i was at the hospital for 4 hours and didn't get pain til a half hour before she came out because i started to feel the contractions in my butt cause she was so low and she was out in 5 quick pushes i literally had an almost completely pain free natural childbirth and i didn't do lamas or hypnosis either. i just kinda sat there and waited patently watching tv. i truly believe it's because i did an hour of ab exercises every day til the day i delivered to my abs were strong and absorbed the pain and pushes the baby out effortlessly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• so* pushed*
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It doesn't feel like anything when the head is coming out but a ton of hard, hard pressure. Once the head is out and the shoulders and arms come out you can sorta feel the slippery little body lol. Like you can feel the parts. Its MUCH easier once the head and shoulders are out. It pretty much is like slip and slide from there lol. When the umbilical cord is coming out it feels like braided rope. You can feel the ridges. It kinda looks like it too. Just keep relaxed and know that the pain is temporary and that the pot at the end of the rainbow will be well worth it!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• hoooooooorrrribleeee !
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 3:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lots of pressure and painful but nothing I really couldn't handle
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 4:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine was back labor. It felt like really bad constipation/diarrhea cramps. And like I need to take the biggest poop of my life. It was a 7 hour med free labor and 2 pushes and he was born. I was immediately better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my water broke in the middle of me sleeping, so i went to the hospital they told me i was having contractions every 5 min but i didnt feel anything and i was almost 5cm when i arrived. but about 2 hours later the pain hit all at once, and it just felt like really really bad period cramps. and once i got to 10 cm i could just feel tons of pressure. the pressure pretty much feels like you have to go #2 really bad!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Like bad period pain that constantly comes non stop.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010