Driving w my kid?

When my kids start to stay over at friends or go places w them Im not going to allow any other parent to drive my kid any where. I will pick my girls up or drop them off. I just dnt trust other drivers. My girls have to drive w their dad(who I dnt trust) 4 hrs away when he actually decides to get them and I become a nervous reck. How do yall feel about other parents driving your kids around?

mymestey

Asked by mymestey at 2:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• my oldest just started Kindergarden and even though its a huge inconvience, he doesn't ride the bus. Only family members drive him to and from. I have a huge issue with buses altogether. First of all, there are no seatbelts. In my state they are required by law in every vehicle other than the bus. 2nd, no carseat in the bus. In my state, you have to be in a carseat until you are 9 yrs old. What the crap?! Its like they're saying bus drivers can't possibly be involved in an accident but year after year they are and kids die. No, I do not trust others to drive ds and they won't be. He has 2 field trips this year and they are both 45mins-1 hour away and I plan on having a family member drive him there. Plus, too much violence and child abduction happens on the bus. Even if its another parent in the car driving I don't trust it. You can never be too careful with your kids!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I still have my 7 year old in a 5 point harness in 1st grade....our buses have carseats and shoulder belts
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't want the kids riding with anyone that doesn't respect my rules (like NO front seat riding or smoking) or doesn't pay proper attention to making sure seats are installed correctly and straps/ buckles are where they belong. I do have people that I allow them to ride with though. I am a childcare provider myself that does transports and have to say, I have done more teaching on car safety to the kids and parents than you would believe. They are safer with me in many cases. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not many people have driven with our kids! just us and there grandparents.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've let Kyra ride with quite a few people, mainly family. With the exception of the bus she hasn't rode with anyone that I haven't or her father hasn't personally rode with. Until we consider them safe she doesn't ride with them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I let my kids ride with other people that I know well. My family members, of course, and parents of their friends that I trust. I wouldn't let them go play over at their house if I didn't trust their judgement.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is the only reason I am glad my son doesn't have a ton of friends and his best friend lives behind us....he can walk through the backyard.....with that being said, they ride the bus, it has seat belts, but the kids hardly use them....every bus i've taken for school had seat belts and we never used them....my oldest is usually in a booster with the car shoulder strap, my other son is in a high back booster with the 5point restraint and the baby is in a car seat.....no one takes my kids anywhere so I don't really have to worry about it
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• haha...I thought I was the only 1 who didnt let my kid ride the bus because of no carseats!!! My 6yr old is still in a 5pt harness...and she told her teacher she couldnt ride the bus cuz her carseat was too heavy to drag around school!!!! I stay at home, so I will drive her to all field trips too...glad Im not the only one
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think that you also are a paranoid fearmonger! While you are driving, those drivers you dont trust could still hit you! GENIOUS!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think you will need to let it go soon.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010