Is it just me or.....

Okay so every time you log into a site it asks you to invite your friends, every time you change screens on the site it asks you to invite friends. So finally you do. Those friends look at their email and say "Oh she loves this site, I'll try it" so they sign up too. Once they sign up the account is deleted because they "followed a link to sign up for the site." WTF?

Spidermonkey531

Asked by Spidermonkey531 at 2:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that is messed up..I guess I leave it loggin in and don't see that~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• IDK you proably have a virus
    miss_yancey

Answer by miss_yancey at 5:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't have a virus the problem is the site.
    Spidermonkey531

Comment by Spidermonkey531 (original poster) at 5:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not usre what to tell ya I've never had that happen
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Never had that happen to me either. Do a scan on your computer. Sounds unusual.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't get that except when I play YoVille on Facebook, but I just click on skip and it only shows the names of people on my friend's list I have in Facebook.
    I have never experienced that on any other site and I would always click NO if I did.
    I prefer to send something personal to a friend who may be interested rather than having them receive a generic email.

Sounds like you may have been attacked by a trojan if the links are false for your friends. Send an email out to them immediately telling them to disregard any such messages and scan your computer with a good, or better, antivirus program that will detect it and quarantine it.
    This trojan can actually spread to the computers of your friends who clicked on those links.
    This happens all the time on Facebook, which is why we warn each other all the time about them.
    Take care.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010