MY EX.

HELLO I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY DAUGHTERS DAD, WE HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 7 YEARS NOW. HIM AND I ARE FRIENDS WE DECIED THAT WE NEEDED TO BE FRIENDS FOR R DAUGHTER. BUT HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND THAT THINKS HE NEEDS TO BE A ASS TO ME AND I HAVE TRYED TO BE HER FRIEND AND EVRYTHING. BUT SHE JUST PUTS HER NOSE UP TO ME WHEN SHE SEES ME. SO I HAVE GAVE UP TRYING TO BE NICE TO HER. HERE IS A SAMPLE MY HUSBAND AND I AND MY DAUGHTERS DAD ALL WAS GOING TO GO OUT TO EAT TOGETHER WITH OR DAUGHTER FOR HER BIRTHDAY . WELL THE PLANS CHANGED BECAUSE HER DADS GIRLFRIEND MADE A BIG DEAL OUT OF GOING, SO WE ALL DIDNT GO BECAUSE OF HER. SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS ISSUE I HAVE. THANK YOU

babyface3117

Asked by babyface3117 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Try and get your ex to explain to the new GF how important it is to both of you that you 2, even divorced need to show a united front to the kid so they dont grow up with problems. Suggest to him to talk to the GF or tell her to butt out of it because she
    IS NOT the mother of your child and it is important to him that his REAL Mommy be a positive part of his life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• IMHO-your ex needs to get rid of the girlfriend. She will NEVER change and if he thinks she will-he is wrong. If he values his relationship with his daughter, then he will ditch the girlfriend. Otherwise-welcome to misery forever! There is nothing you can do to affect this change (except introduce his girlfriend to a new guy-then maybe she will dump your ex-ha ha!)
    boysmom67

Answer by boysmom67 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• sounds to me in a situation like that your ex should of put the kid before his girlfriend!!! She seems like a jerk for not being able to put his kid first. I'm a single mom and when I date guys I'm sorry but what makes shawn happy and what he needs comes before him... you should try and talk to your ex constructively about this.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• this is a common problem. the girlfriend feels threatened by your relationship with your ex. everyone has different issues hwen they hook up with a parent. in this case, i beleive you should bring this up to your ex and ask him if it was his idea. if he puts the blame on her put it back on him where it belongs. all issues aside, he chose his girlfriends insecurities over his daughter's birthday. if they stay together i see more of same in the future.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• The gf is bd's issue. Let it go. She has no desire to bond with you so don't waste energy making it happen. Celebrate dd's birthday once with you and once with dad if necessary or invite him and not her. The whole point is to make dd happy and to do that you may need to simply keep your lives separate from bd and his gf until he can work out their issues with her. It's a shame some grown women are so jealous they can't even let it go for a child's birthday but don't get caught up in gf's pettiness. Just make sure dd has a great time!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Hello,
    Send her flowers thanking her for being such a positive role model in your daughters life. Thank her for all the things you want her to be, see if reverse psycology does'nt do the trick, it works for me. I believe that more flys are caught with honey than vinegar and let's face it it's not for you but for your daughter, good luck, it can't hurt.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2008