does n e body know ?

today i was checked by my dr n i am 1 cm dialated n my cervix is thinning out, im 36 weeks n a half, due september 25, does n e body have an idea of how far i may be to my big day ?

chriskris

Asked by chriskris at 3:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probably 3-4 weeks, especially if its the first time. I was 36 wk and 1 cm and I kept going to 41 weeks despite the walking, spicy food and all the other old wive's tales.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• this is my 2nd baby, ugh i just cant wait !
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well by basic math 3-4 weeks, however, no one can really tell you when it will happen. anywhere between 38-42 weeks is normal for natural labor to start.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i was 1 cm for 2 weeks at 37 weeks and i induced my own labor at exactly 39. i was not having any BHCs and was not feeling like the baby was coming. i had sex with my bf and that started bhcs. i immediately went out to shopping centers and just kept walking for hours to keep the contractions coming. i went to the hospital that night and was 5 cm and gave birth 4 hours later
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ive just had very complicated pregnancies, w my first i took medicine to control contractions n i made it full term, this time i had other problems but not early labor so no medicine this time, i guess its a waiting game now
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ive been 1 cm since my 32 weeks
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You can be like that for the rest of your pregnacy or you can go into labor tonight. There is no specific timing when it comes to babies. They like the surprise.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• with my first i was 1 cm and 70% at my 36 week visit, i had my son at 37 weeks!!
    with my second at my 36 week visit i was told im between1-2cm and 70% and now im 37 weeks and had bloody show last night so expecting a baby today or tomorrow, hoping it works out like the first!!
    so yeah it could be 3 weeks or just a few days!good luck!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010