Crocheting a Baby Blanket

This is the very first time im attempting this. I am pretty good at it, it took me about a day to learn a double crochet. Anyone else crochet here? Anyone have work they can show off? I will take a pic as soon as I finish my first master piece lol

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 3:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I make blankets, sweaters, booties, slippers, hats, gloves, scarfs, i only use the 100% cotton yarn it's a lot easier to work with and it's cotton I just love that better then the cheap stuff.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've done all kinds.... I made a bunch of the standard double crochet baby blankets for the hospital last year. I have a throw I knitted for my sofa that uses this HUGE Size 50 needles that you can knit in like 3 hours.... it rocks. I am knitting and crocheting towels right now. I have to use up this stash of cotton!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have crocheted since I was 8 years old. I am now 49. I love it! It is relaxing! I have crocheted both my boys blankets which they still have today. The last thing I crocheted was an American flag aghan which I donated to a Vet at the Veterans Hospital. There is so much you can do! I never thought to get pics, but thanks for mentioning it as I will start to do that. That is an excellent idea!
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've been crocheting for about a year.......I love it! It gives me something to do at night after the kids are in bed :) Right now I'm working on a blanket for my DD, it's almost done so I will post a pic then. After that I want to make blankets for my boys.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My mom tried to teach me and I sucked really bad lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, but here's a bump for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol thanks girlies :-) I am really loving this crocheting thing, I dont know about knitting it may be easier but crocheting is fun. I am double crocheting and it was tough but I got the hang of it now. Id love to learn how to make hats and booties and such but a blanket and scarf is all I can do right now since I only know one pattern. I use that extra soft yarn thats like un describable, but I cant touch the regular yarn because it makes me itch. Even the softest stuff its like some weird yarn I got right now I think its cotton im not sure but its def not regular yarn.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I crochet and knit. I knit a bunch of sweaters and hats for my newest son. I've also crocheted a couple afghans. I have one that's perpetually being worked on. It's a scrap one so when I have scraps of yarn I make more pieces for it.

You can see mine at my ralvery page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/justanotherjen/hexagon-how-to

This is the blanket.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sounds fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• ok so I finished my blanket, well I only used 1 thingie of yarn thinking it was going to be big enough, but boy was I wrong. It looks like an over sized oven mit lol, so Im going out to walmart to get more... After I get like two more thingies of yanr im done with that material. For some reason it feels so nice on the skin but its hard to grab with the needle thingies.. taking a picture and posting tomorrow :-)
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 6:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010