store baby food.

My baby is seven months old, i started her on cereal and fruit puree, when she was about five months, now i have started with vegetables and still continuing with fruit puree and cereals. My husband is worried that the store food is not good for our doughter and we should start making her home made baby food. Is it true, that the store food is full of processed ingridients and chemicals? has anybody any suggestions as to what we should feed her?

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 4:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used jarred baby food, but I only used Organic.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It is true and it is cheaper, healthier and very easy to make her food instead. Buy an avocado...it is soft, healthy and has no prep really except cutting it open. A fresh sweet potato need only be baked in the microwave until soft and she is plenty old enough to pick up and eat the chunks. She can also have small little chunks of whatever you fix at home as long as it isn't to hard, spicy or full of grease. Just give her a few spoonfulls/chunks and put them on her high chair tray and have her self/finger feed herself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i gave mine what i ate. just toss some into the blender with water and instant baby food. by the time my youngest was six months she was eating cornbeef and cabbage. she loved it and now she's three she lives on broccoile! thats why i like making my own, you get to intoduce them to more stuff. store boughts ok, but very limited! i hope this helped.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am not big on any canned veggies so the idea of giving the kids jar ones was out for me. I steamed veggies for me and dh and then before seasoning them i grab a scoop of whatever and put it in a mini food processor and fed the babies that. If I made extra you can freeze them in ice cube tray. After a week or two you will have a bit extra and you can take out a few in the morning to defrost ofr toss them in a small pan. the food processor is like 10 bucks at target or Walmart. Good luck.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Jar food is over cooked and over priced. Baby food is mush. We never did jars or purees. Babies can eat what you eat. Normal table food, no need to fuss over food processing and purees and blending!

check out: baby led solids

My baby started eating solid foods at 7 1/2 months and now at 11mo eats anything including gumming whole apples (she has no teeth at all). We did baby led solids, self feeding from the get go. No separate meals or compulsary spoon feeding. We mealshare. The only puree food she gets is food that usually comes that way like guacamole, hummus, etc.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thank you all for the your advise, am offto target to buy food processor and well buy an avocado, today:-))
    ashley387

Comment by ashley387 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010