What should I say to carpooler?

I was called over immediately by my hubby to meet this couple who were in their car waiting for our sons to come out of football pracitce at school, and the first thing she says is carpopol , give me your number. I was very caught off guard.I am already carpooling with another player. When I found out where she lived it was very much out of the way. But I did not want to insult the lady but it really gets on my nerves when people are so forward like that when I never even met them. Help how can I back out???

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 5:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• While it may have been rude of her to ask in such a way, maybe she's new to the area and doesn't really know how far apart you live. I'm also wondering what's so difficult about saying "Sorry, you just live too far away and I've already commited to carpooling with another player. I'll take your number and keep an ear out for anybody in your area who might be interested, though." Stop worrying about offending people.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just simply tell her you already do another car pool and her house is too far out of your way. It was very rude of her to ask that way to begin with
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, that was rude and I would just say we already carpool you just kind of took me off guard for a moment
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would try to nicely tell the other mother, that you already carpool with another parent/child on the team, & would love to have her also, but she's just too far out of your way. But you'll ask around to see if there are other mothers in her area....

Sorry. I hate when people do that....

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Is there someone closer to her house, than yours? Just let her know your all set.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just come out and tell her the truth. You're already carpooling another player and her house is out of the way. She'll get over it and if she doesn't understand, then oh well. Gas isn't cheap, ya know?
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010