Third Trimester Weight Loss

I was overweight at the beginning of the pregnancy (thanks to Depo Provera messing up my body in many ways years ago...). I am now 30 weeks pregnant at at my OB appointment last week had lost 5 lb over the past month. Total weight gain right now is about 5-10 lb. I am high risk so I have been monitored pretty well and get sonos every month at the specialist. All the growth is happening the way it should. I can tell I've lost weight overall and feel pretty healthy - I think my fluctuations in energy are pretty normal with pregnancy. I eat healthy but I don't eat alot - between the heat (I live in TX where it was 100 degrees plus heat index for a month straight last month) and stress (not sleeping, anxiety, for which I recently received meds as it got really bad) I just haven't had much of an appetite. I figure as long as the doctors don't seem concerned I shouldn't worry... but still...

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 6:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had no weight gain at all during my pregnancy. I was actually 3 pounds under my prepregnancy weight the day I delivered. I was slightly over weight to begin with and that baby was growing fine, so my doctor was not concerned. My little man is just fine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I wasn't overweight when I started my pregnancy and still only gained a total of 12 lbs. I'm sure the Drs are keeping an eye on things.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• With my last one, I lost over 20 pounds to begin with. I kept fluctuating and by the end of the pregnancy, I was only 1 lb over my pre pregnancy weight. The doctor said as long as the baby was healthy and there wasn't a huge weight loss, everything would be fine. She was right. Everything turned out great. Good luck!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010