Has anyone drank alot like almost on a daily basis and then found out you were pregnant.

I mean was the baby okay as long as you quit as soon as you found out I feel so bad about it and am worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along were you before you found out? My first DD was born over 17 years ago while DH and I were in college. At that time we were only dating and we were going out having a good time and of course drinking was involved. I found out I was pregnant about 1 week after missing my period and quit immediately and she was a healthy baby.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• have you talked with your doctor about this yet?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes. And I have perfecting healthy, happy, thriving 5 month old. We didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 8 weeks along (I was taking my birth control regularly so I guess we fell into that .5%). We even went on a week long vacation the week before we found out. Yes it sucked but at that point there was nothing I could except stop drinking immediately. These things happen.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 7:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• nope, was always very careful
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I went out with my friend for her 21st birthday and I got totally wasted. The following week I found out I was pregnant. My doctor only ordered an extra ultrasound, he was fine. He is now almost 4 and perfectly healthy.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I was in college when I became pregnant with my twins. I was single and dating someone (my husband now). I was drinking a lot at the time. I was more drinking only twice a week but a lot at one time. I did not expect at all I was pregnant because we were VERY careful. I was in the best shape of my life, working out frequently and I remember feeling headaches after a work out. I never kept track of my periods so I had no idea I was late. I took a test assuming it would be negative. I was floored when it turned a bright positive right away!! As for problems after....i had bad spotting that lead me to the doctor. They told me my blood showed I was trying to miscarry that is also when I found out I was carrying twins. The bleeding stopped and I had my twins, they are very healthy and doing GREAT!! I guess the bleeding could have been from drinking. I may never know. I stopped drinking as soon as I found out I was!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• not everyday, but we were at a christmas and i did drink then the next day found out i was pregaunt.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I didn't drink much, but my son's doctor thinks that might be why he has some behavioral issues and speech problems. I'm not sure if that is true or not. Either way I feel horribly responsible and have not had a drink in over 4 years. I think the aggressive mental problems and physical problems occur later on in pregnancy. As long as you stop pretty early, I'm sure the baby will be fine. Good luck, and try not to worry yourself. That will only make things worse.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010