Am I the only mom whose boobs didn't hurt at first when she breastfed?

I swear, I had the best breastfeeding experience and was too uneducated on it to realize...I feel bad about it now. I only wish I knew back then what I know now...I would have done almost everything differently. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 7:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No pain here either. The first time I had pain for about 3 hours one night during his first growth spurt... but that was all. The second time the afterbirth pains hurt like crazy and I had painful letdown for a little while... but no topical nipple pain. I've been nursing a total of 4 years (and counting!) now between 2 kids.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• With both of my girls it hurt so bad for about two weeks. They both latched right but they had a very strong suck reflex so until the nipples got "hardier" it was painful.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 8:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• With my DD I had no pain! It was wonderful and I'm so glad I got that experience with her :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I enjoyed breastfeeding my daughter, and like you it didn't hurt me. I am hoping this baby has is as easy as she was!
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 8:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• minus the has. Lol, changed part of my answer and was obviously not looking :P
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 8:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No pain or problems.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Lucky lucky lucky... things were hellish for us, and the early mastitis was the LEAST of my issues!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Painful for the first 2 1/2 months, clogged ducts twice, and 2 weeks of teaching her not to bite But I was all worth it :-D I wouldn't change a thing
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 6:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• YaY!! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one....most people act like it hurts terribly for months.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Aww...sorry you hurt. I wish I had kept going. I thought he wasn't getting enough...it was his one month growth spurt. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010