Postpartum? When can I work and move around normally without worrying?

Everyone tells me I should wait about 5-6 weeks before doing vigorous exercise again, and running around, moving furniture around etc. I dont know, I feel pretty good, tomorrow will be second week postpartum. But with my first I felt good and buckled down and cleaned my house moving heavy things around and threw my back out after my first week and it was out for a long time. When's the best time then. 6 weeks seems too far away. I'm a neat freak and I'm the type to not be able to sit down. I'm always running around. I have to.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go ahead and get busy. Just pay close attention to your body and stop when it tells you too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You can clean and do light exercises right now if you wish. You just have to take it easy. There are more reasons other than your back that you need to take care of yourself. Your muscles are not back to where they need to right now and too much work and heavy lifting can actually make the uterus fall out. You can also hemorrhage. I have seen this happen before. Do what you can and remember to take breaks often. Although you feel great, as you know, giving birth is big deal for you and your body. Eventually you will get back to normal.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010