What did you think was going to happen when Obama became president???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 8:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought Obama would do some of the things he promised to do, fail to do others, and change his mind on still others. He's not some kind of deity, he is a human being with a job to do. He's keeping a lot of promises I thought were important, if anything I am surprised he was able to do as much as he did. I think I had realistic expectations, and I think he's living up to them, if not exceeding on some things. I have been miffed numerous times on some of his compromises and broken promises, but as far as politicians go, he's pretty good.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• A big failure, so far he has proven me right.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That nothing would change. I was wrong, it got far worse than I thought he'd have the means to pull off, but it's amazing the concessions he snowed the Fed into.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've had nightmares that were better.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I thought just what is happening, would happen. He would set us on the course for self-destruction.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I thought we would see pretty much what we are seeing. The speed at which he has moved has been a little bit of a surprise.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I thought that he would spend us into spiraling debt, more than we were already in. That he would try to pass as much as his liberal agenda in the first two years of his term while he had a filibuster proof majority. I didn't think he would be that much different than Bush, just a bigger version of. So far, I feel like I nailed it.

The things that I thought he would have had done now that haven't happened?  Passing and signing EFCA and Cap and Trade.

Never thought he would be assassinated (still don't).  Biden and Pelosi are one hell of an insurance policy.  ;o)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• As for what I thought on Obama- he drops his smile too soon!!!! I did not trust him!!!!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've had nightmares that were better.

^this
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You know, it's almost like I wrote the script for him. It is just what I expected.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010