What is the general age a child is potty trained at? (Ages 2-3)

My daughter will be 3 in mid-October, and she is not potty trained yet. She tells us sometimes when she has to pee-pee, but never a #2. We have been mildly workng on it for the past year, but have had little luck. Is your 3 year old potty trained?

***She had been abused by her daycare provider a few months ago (the provider would beat her if she went #2 in her diaper, so now she wont let anyone know until after she goes) She is currently seeing someone for help. ***

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 8:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine finally started going on his own all alone without reminders at 5-6, training started around 2-ish
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• On Cafemom it's 18-24 months. IRL, it's 4 years old with assistance wiping.

DD is 3.5 and still needs reminders occasionally. We started at 2...technically, she started at 2. I just put the potty chair in the front room and she started going to it on her own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 4
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• before 1950 and the advent of disposable diapers it was 18 months.... now days the average is 3-4 years and rising
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sorry about your poor baby's trauma... that will obviously set things back a bit too...
    have patience with her and yourself!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Hiya my son has only recently started to actually go on the toilet by himself, he wasn't really on the potty for that long.
    He is 2 and will be turning 3 in december.
    Sometimes i felt i left it a bit to late but i have been told they do it in there own time.
    But now i cant get him to keep his nappy on before he goes to bed he always wants to take it off lol :/
    x.KimmyCakes.x

Answer by x.KimmyCakes.x at 9:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My DD is currently 24 months and we have been trying to potty train her at 17 months. We tried for a few months, but weren't getting anywhere so we stopped. I tried again a few months ago but she just isn't ready. I'd love to have my DD potty trained before she turns 3, but if not, I'm not going to worry about it. I know a few people whose kids weren't potty trained until they were 4.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My oldest son was 2 and half and my daughter was 18 months and my last one was 2 when he did
    coryswife8183

Answer by coryswife8183 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2010