is it bad to have a heart heart murmur

im 35 weeks pregnant ive noticed my heart beats kinda different im thinking i might have a heart murmur ?? it goes in a rhythm of
. . . . . . . . . im kinda scared about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Health

• Its probably not a heart murmur....that is a hole in the heart...and it can be heard with a stethoscope.....Drs probably would have noticed it in your younger years.....It may be Mitrovalve prolapse which can do this....Mention it to your Dr on your next visit....

Mine has done this before too and I dont have mirtrovalve prolapse, I think everybody has irregular heart beats from time to time....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ok well could it just be because im pregnant
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 7:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Possibly....the stress of the baby might be causing it....but I would check with the Dr...to be on the safe side.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's probably due to the physical stress of the pregnancy. Be sure to mention it to the doctor at your next check up.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Probably heart palpitations due to stress. But I would mention it. They might want to do an echo (like an ultrasound of the heart). Mine does this often and 3 of the 4 of my heart valves regurgitate. Meaning they backflow blood the wrong direction when the valve closes Not a major problem but they do keep an eye on it and I have to premedicate prior to any dental work or surgeries. I have to have IV antibiotics prior to my c-section. Any bacteria that enters the blood could cause a serious heart problem with me. So ask your dr. so they can rule anything out.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008