From apes to white men, really?

The Darwin theory shows a small hunch back ape growing into an upright white male. And I find it ironic that ppl belive that mankind came from these dark hairy creatures and evolved into pale hairless human beings.

If you believe in the Darwin theory, where do you think black ppl came from?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 9:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You obviously haven't got any clue about the Theory of Evolution. You haven't bothered to study it, or research it. So I leave you to wallow in your ignorance!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah, it's definitely more believable that people were created by a supernatural being. I don't think it's suppose to represent "white" men, just man in general.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well obviously the species of man evolved from apes. The people that stayed near the equator have darker skin because they need it to protect from the sun, the people that moved away from the equator needed less pigment because they had less exposure to the sun. So the further away from the equator the lighter the people.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• that is a VERY good question. Sorry I can't help you answer it though. I don't understand the THEORY of Evolution at all! Yes, I have studied it, researched it, and learned all about it in school, but I never understood it!
    I believe that this world AND men were created by GOD ;-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I heard a theory once that every human being in the beginning was white (way back when the the world was just one huge continent) and when the continents shifted and separated, each group of humans adapted to their new homes climate. People in the cooler northern climes stayed white, and people in southern hot climes darkened. The guy actually said "think of it like a marshmellow, it starts off white and if you apply little to now heat (people in the north) it stays white. If you apply a little bit of heat (people in the south but still above the equator) it gets a nice tan color, and if you stick it directly into the flame (people near the equator) it gets black." My thought? It also bursts into flames so what does that mean? lol.
    But yeah, I believe God created everything so :P Just thought I throw in my two scents on the wacky stuff they pull out to explain things. And yes, it was a white guy who said this, haha.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I thought it was proven that we all come from "black" people? So wouldn't it make sense that whatever evolved into man evolved first into a darker man, and then, as people moved away from the places where the sun was so bad, their bodies started making different levels of melatonin and eventually people grew paler and paler?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• SleepingBeautee, just because they have adapted to their climes and have darker/lighter skin doesnt mean they evolved from apes. It could just as easily be said that God created all human beings and when they travelled and moved on their own, they settled down in areas where they had to adapt to protect themselves. Color of the skin has nothing to do with monkeys :P
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Believe what you will....
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my2.5boys What is your problem??? You dont know me from Adam, but you can jump to the conclusion that "I" am ignorant? Get for real! My kids are black and this is the image that public schools want to feed them about the history of mankind. Which by the way is nothing more than a beautiful assumption. NO WHERE IN HISTORY are black ppl ever even acknowledge as beings until after whites claim to have seen, experience, or been present first. So if you want to talk about ignorance, lets talk about the b/s that my kids and the rest of my culture has to deal with when it comes to our roots of origin. (I knew someone like you would be waiting to jump on this post and bash. Typical yet expected!)

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• missionarywifey, if you are unable to understand the definition of something as simple as the word theory, than I'm not surprised you are unable to understand something as complex as Evolution.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010