Have you tried a paint technique that actually looked good?

I am toying with trying a paint technique (gradating color from dark to light), but am affraid it will look tacky when I am done.

They make it look so easy on HGTV. Have you done something like this?

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 9:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have done some good faux and the use of different tones of paint in rooms here.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i've done it all..ragging, sponging, marble, linen..you name it. what's the worse that can happen? its only paint..if you don't like the finished result, repaint.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have done some sponge painting since my house is has more of a country feel and it turned out great. Yours sounds much more complicated but really neat. I hope that it turns out great and as the above person said what is the worse that could happen. You could either love it and keep it and show it off and enjoy it or pain over it. Good luck!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Practice on a piece of poster board until you get the hang of it. It really is very easy. And everyone is right. It's just paint and glaze. Good Luck!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my hubby is a painter so i just went for it lol i knew if it came out horrible hubby would fix it so one dya i just had excra paint from hubby adn so i decided to sponge my room and it came out pretty well ofcourse after hubby fixed it because it looked funny but after it was fixed the sponging thingie looked very preatty
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We did venetian plaster in my mom's bathroom with a really deep burgundy color. It turned out beautiful.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010