Bed Wetting

My almost 5 year old has all of a sudden started wetting the bed. She has never had accidents since she's been potty trained. Her preschool starts back next week so anxiety is a possibility, however yesterday was the first day we even discussed going back to school. Any thoughts as to what is causing it or how I can help her get control of her body? Oh, and it's happening within 3 hours of going to bed, not later in the night.

Rainy13

Asked by Rainy13 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son did the same thing so I started waking him and taking him to the restroom before he had time to wet the bed. Now he wakes on his own and goes. Good luck
    luvmyjob3

Answer by luvmyjob3 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would cut off drinks and snacks after a certain time each night and maybe even wake her after a few hours to go potty.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Definitely limit liquid intake in the hours before bedtime and see if once she settles into school it stops.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010