Brown sugar water?

I asked a ? earlier about karo syrup for constipation in my 6 month old and some posted to try brown sugar water, but didn't say how much. How much?

myboogiewoogie

Asked by myboogiewoogie at 7:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• use karo syrup use like 2 or 3 ounces of water and a dollop of karo what i did was put like 3 ounces of water in a bottle and then add karo a little bit at a time til a could kind of taste the sweetness it works and they won't drink the whole three ounces if it looks like they want to stop it cause then you will have the opposite problem if that happens yougurt is good
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• AGAIN NO KARO SYRUP IT CAN KILL A BABY UNDER AGE 1!!!!!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Karo syrup is simply corn syrup, how can it kill a baby? Where did you get this information? Millions of baby boomers were fed on cow's milk mixed with Karo syrup as formula, and it certainly didn't kill them.
    Anonymous

• I RESEARCHED IT AND FOUND OUT IT IS SAFE TO GIVE BABIES. 1 TEASPOON PER 3 OUNCES OF WATER.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My mother gave all of us kids milk and karo. But I think I'd consult the pediatrician and take her advice.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Please go to this answer - it is the same question.

Tara

ashwinsmommy

Answer by ashwinsmommy at 8:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• yeah i gave my baby karo allthe time cause she a a poopin problem and she turned out just fine it will not kill a baby dont listen to them......my mom gave it to us when we were babies yours will be fine...but i think it is like 1 teaspoon for every 3 ounces of water...or you could put it straight in their formula
    MOMofONE120507

Answer by MOMofONE120507 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have found great success with giving my little one Beech Nut baby pears for constipation. She is five years old now and I still give her a cup of the pears a day to keep her regular. Works wonders!!!
    Sweetbabykids

Answer by Sweetbabykids at 6:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I would not give a baby corn syrup for ANY reason, especially for a digestion issue. Yes, it might make baby poop, but that doesn't mean its good for them. There are many other healthy alternatives. Try giving your baby probiotics....you can get them from a health food store, or in plain yogurt with live cultures. Pureed prunes work well also. Giving your baby sugarwater is a BAD idea.
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I say just do what the dr .told me use apple,or pear baby juice and mix one ounce to the formula and it will fix constipation. kayro syrup didnt work for my baby.
    Anonymous