Getting the baby to shift

I know this sounds realllly silly. I love being able to feel Talon kick me, it's amazing! I'm 31 weeks, and I understand that he's moving into postions that are a little tighter fit for him now that he's much bigger than just barely a month ago. But for the past six days he has lodged himself under my right rib. I'm really hoping that he's ok, (no reason to assume otherwise). And I don't want to cause him stress or anything, but it's a really painful position for me. I can't really eat, breathe, sit, or even lie down with him there. Is there any way I can get him to move over a bit? I've tried talking, singing, playing music on either side, having daddy talk to him.....I'm kind of at wits end. If this is where he's most comfortable, then things will be fine, it's not like he has all that much left on his lease in there, lol....but just thought I'd throw the question to you ladies...Thanks!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im 36 weeks and my baby likes to stay under my ribs i really hate it but this is were he likes
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You could try massaging the area, sometimes its stimulates them and they want to move. If its really painful, you might want to have the doctor check. It is possible for a foot to get stuck in your rib cage!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• whaaaat??? the foot can actually get stuck between the ribs? haha, well that's not really funny. I've never heard of such a thing! I'll tell the doc at my appointment next week, but I don't think it's that painful just yet. Thanks!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• YOU HAVE CARTILAGE BETWEEN YOUR RIBS AND A DIAPHRAGM SEPERATING YOUR ABDOMEN FROM YOUR CHEST SO i REALLY DON'T SEE HOW A FOOT COULD GET STUCK THERE, BUT i COULD BE WRONG.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yeah, I agree with some of the others. If your next appointment is soon, see if your doctor could check him out and maybe move him to something a little more comfortable for you.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try getting on your hands and knees, arch your back up and then relax, stretch like a cat.
    cdnmom24

Answer by cdnmom24 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I hated when my son would do that it hurt, but i would sit straight kinda lean to the opposite side and push his foot down he would move but pretty soon he'd be right back there again/
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Try laying on your sides and keep switching sides thats what the doctor told me when I was pregnant with my daughter . Hope that helps
    JaydenBelle

Answer by JaydenBelle at 10:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008