Selfish isn't strong enough a word... adult content

If y ou were sitting on your front porch with your husband and 2 children and you saw a man attack a 9 year old girl from behind and strike her in the head and allegedly rape the child literally right across the street from you what would you do?

I just watched a true crime show based on an Australian serial killer...It's from 1999 but this was the first I'd heard about it.

The selfishness is vile. These "witnesses" should be shot and pissed on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd have gotten up and kicked the guys ass while Hubby called the cops.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would have shot him! And if I could not get a clear shot at him, I would have picked something up and knocked his ass out, and then called the cops!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• being a cops wife and having guns in the house i probably would have shot him.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Anybody in their right mind would have acted! and called the cops!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Even if there was a gun involved I would have done something. I would never stand by and witness something so horrific happening. I wish I had seen it so that I knew exactly what happened, but they should all feel great shame.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Fear..it is really SIMPLE to understand it. Im sure I would have sent my kids inside and attacked the man..but that is just me...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think any loving, caring human being would have their instincts kick in and stop whatever was happening. That story is sickening.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• correction....
    these people shoule be pissed on first, shit upon, attacked like the child was, raped like the child was then put to death slowly
    being shot and then pissed on is too good for people who see this and do nothing
    just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I might not directly run up and put myself in a situation where not only could I be injured, but then no one could help that victim. So depending on safety assessments, I would most likely call the police and scream and yell at the top of my lungs. Having worked in a feild of victims and survivors - keeping yourself safe is the first priority. You are no good to anyone hurt.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010