Does anyone have any experience in insurance sales?

My husband has a full time job, and he came across a lady that wanted to hire him to sell insurance from home. He thinks it would be a good idea for me to do, to bring in some extra income. I'm not opposed to working from home, though with a 2 year old and a 3 month old I'm not sure how much time I'll have.
Does anyone have any experience in this area, what do you think of this opportunity and with our limited time is it worth our time? What could you tell me about it?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• pp is correct. Insurance sales is strictly commission. I am a life insurance agent and can help you out if you'd like. There are cost's involved, such as your pre-license training, your state exam, fingerprints, and your actual license. I also do this from home, 100% over the phone. My monthly costs are $60 for the system I use to be able to quote my prospects and write my app's on the computer and have a virtual assistant and a case manager that handles everything for me, once I take the app. and then whatever leads I buy. After you get licensed and such, to start, you should be able to invest the $60 and at least $250 in leads for the first month, and once your able, bump up to at least $500 in leads a month. The leads are people that have specifically gone online requesting quotes.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've looked into it in the past and all the jobs I saw were strictly commission, no salary. You have to be ok with that and rejection and be a natural salesperson to succeed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010