what do you do with salmon/side dish?

i've perused a few cookbooks, and have a vague idea of what i may do..but does anyone have a favorite recipe for salmon?

(can't use the grill, its broken!)

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 10:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'd brush it with BBQ sauce or teriyaki and broil it. Or you can bake it in a foil packet with lemon and dill.

As a side, we like asparagus or broccoli and rice pilaf.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I either make salmon croquets or dry rub and pan sear until the seasoning crisps on the outside.

I do macaroni and cheese and spinach with the croquets, mashed potatoes and veggie stir fry with the pan seared.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• pan sear it with some lemon and other seasonings, put lid on top to help cook the inside
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like to spray it with cooking spray and then coat it with McCormick's Salmon seasoning and bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees. If you don't have the McCormick's, you could use Cajun seasoning or any combination that you like of whatever you have on hand. If the salmon is thicker, you may need to bake it a little bit longer--just flake test it with a fork. For a side, we loved steamed broccoli. Oh, and be sure to spray your dish, too, for easier clean-up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like to cook it on the stove, I spray the pan with some Pam add a little salt and squeeze some fresh lemon and let it cook till done. Maybe 10 minutes. Cook some rice and steamed veggies as a side. YUMMY!!
    FLmomma2be

Answer by FLmomma2be at 11:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Is it canned or fresh?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• fresh, nanny.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010