Does having a nanny increase a man's possibilities of being a womanizer

I thought that it was referring to the husband but its talking about the baby boy. If boys had a nanny growing up he may be more prone to being a womanizer. The research actually states that mothers should stay home with their sons for at least a year! LOL Can you believe this? I am a stay at home mom. But not because I want to ensure that my son is NOT a womanizer. LOL Not that I want him to be... LOL That was just not my motivation... LOL

What are your thoughts?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is just insane. There cannot possibly be any hard data to support that, it doesn't make any sense at all. Does that mean that kids without nannies grow up to be scared of women? Sounds like another example of taking data from multiple sources and combining them together to make a case. (Just like the "ice cream causes rape" theory that can be proved by data.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• good lord
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not for a second~my kids have tons's of primary RN's (female) and they will just know that women caregivers. They actually seek out men for attentions (clearly)...so..does that make them Gay next?

it takes a village (to make men feel like they are loved enough?)...I'm being flip....I wonder if having a dog changes a boy too?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't think that having a nanny would cause a man to be a womanizer. It has to do with how they are parented. What they see and hear.
    My hubby and his brothers had a nanny. They didn't know how to do basic household chores and never had to clean, cook, or pick up after themselves. They had more respect for Ms. Lois than their mom, because she did everything for them while their parents went out or traveled. She went on vacations with them.
    They have to be reminded to clean/pick up, but they are not womanizers. They do all have issues. Hubby has security issues and likes ds to stay home with us. He dosen't like other people to keep him.
    Middle bro. likes to drink and has commitment issues. Little bro. has security issues (as a teen was still afaid to sleep alone or just be alone. Afraid of dark), can't tell the truth. MIL thinks we should put ds in daycare. She dosen't see were she missed out on anything.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 10:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Cassey would you define "Middle bro. likes to drink and has commitment issues" with being a womanizer?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010