Is your child overweight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. My son is almost three, and is a healthy weight. He gets VERY limited sugars.. and we keep him very active. My 10 month old daughter is the same way. I don't believe in shoving sugar and junk food down a kid's throat and allowing them to sit in front of a tv all day.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope... Both my kids are tall and skinny.... normal kids that get junk food and TV in moderation... it's all about balance!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope, and I'm grateful. Obesity is a real epidemic in this country and I hope by keeping my children active and feeding them healthy food, we are able to avoid dealing with it. I think it's so sad when I see kids who are so fat that they can't even function normally as children.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son is 14y/o and 89lbs at 5'3". He is underweight and at the 5th %. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My 9 year old is. I try to keep her active. She has to do a active activity like ride a bike before she is allowed to get on the computer. I try to always have fruits and veggies for her to snack on, but I also don't want to deprive her of other things that she may want. I don't let her eat junk like ice cream everyday. She is always so hungry after school and I make her get a fruit. I don't really know what else to do and she drinks water all day everyday.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No. My son is a healthy weight for his height and frame.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, and if they are just add more excersice to their daily routine. Such as walking a dog. Playing the the yard with friends. Riding a bike.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, my daughter is at a healthy weight for her age and height. She was a porker of an infant, but not because I overfed her...she was just a chunky butt. She's perfect now.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope. I have 4 very skinny kids. My oldest daughter is 10 and only weighs 47lbs. She's considered underweight but she's always just been small (she didn't hit 20lbs until she turned 2 and didn't hit 40lbs until she was 7 1/2).
    My almost 9yo son is 70lbs of muscle with almost no fat on him. He is so freaking skinny you can see every rib.
    My almost 8yo daughter is 54lbs and perfectly average for her age although I've noticed she's starting to sprout upward (she's 4' tall, same height as the 10yo) but isn't gaining much so she's getting skinnier.
    My 4yo is also super skinny. She's a whopping 32lbs with her clothes on and she's tall for her age (that's actually how much my oldest weighed when she started kindergarten at 5 but she was several inches shorter than my 4yo is now).
    It cracks me up because I'm like 90lbs overweight.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No and they never have been.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010