I was told my daughter who, will b 2 at the end of month that her left kidney is larger than right. Should I b worried.

luvmyjob3

Asked by luvmyjob3 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If the doctors didn't seem too worried, I wouldn't be worried either. Your daughter is still very young.. Things change constantly with their growing bodies.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• So, when your child's Doctor told you about the kidnyey did you not ask HIM? He is the one who would know if there is anything to woryy about, not us. Or you could just Google it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I did ask and they wouldnt give me a straight answer. They r sending her to get testing done next week.
    luvmyjob3

Comment by luvmyjob3 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If the Dr's arent concerned, I wouldn't be. Id ask tons of questions though. Kidneys arent something to mess around with
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The smaller kideny may have something wrong with it or it may be fine, just small, but you, and the doctors, aren't going to know what's what until the testing is completed. Even if there is a problem with the smaller kidney, you can live with one kideny your entire life and never notice any difference. Both of my son's kidneys are too small, but one is much smaller than the other, plus it is deformed, misshapen and has minimal function. His kidney function tests always look good, so the docs aren't worried about it, as it is obvious that his bigger kidney is handling his body's needs fine. It's okay to be concerned, but I wouldn't worry yourself sick unless/until you know you have something to worry about.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Were the doctors worried about it?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010