Who takes charge when...

When you are sick, who has to take over? Or are you the one that has to keep everything going even though you feel like crap?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 10:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well now my girls are grown. But I just had to do it all. I had no family or help. Mostly I had horrible Migraines. But I did things anyway. I chaperoned all of their school trips and what not with a migraine. DH then worked but did what he could if asked when he was home.. But it all turned out Fine. I knew no matter how bad I felt from what ever.. Be it a car accident, migraine and what not I still had to do it all. But our DD's are well & fine!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband helps when he comes home and also some of my older kids.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm a single mom, when I get sick I still have to do everything.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• When the kids were little hubby would step in if I was really sick (thankfully, that doesn't happen very often) or contagious. If it's just a case of not feeling well then I can still take care of what needs to be done.  Now our kids are older and can fend for themselves if I'm sick so no one has to take over, our daughters know how to cook, clean up and do laundry (our kids are 11 and 15).  Everything else can wait until I'm back to normal.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my husband does when he is home. but i have to do everything when he is at work, so most of the time it is all on me.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 10:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My DH and the older kids will help out. My DH will take time off from work if I need him to be home.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Usually me. DH is a wuss when he's sick. Whiney baby! Love him to death, but grow a pair, LOL. If I'm sick I still have to get things done, including taking care of our son. Needless to say, it usually takes me longer to get over something because I'm constantly on the go and don't get a chance to rest like I should.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband does/did..

He will even take time off from work to be home and take care of everything if I'm sick.

Even when my son was growing up, my husband took care of me, my son, home, ..everything if I were sick. Now that our only is grown and out of the house. My husband still takes care of me if I'm sick or even if I'm just not feeling well.

And I take care of him when he's not feeling well :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am not married..so, I still do everything. My son is 14, so he can start helping a lot now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband is a godsend when I am sick or not feeling well. But, he normally helps with things around the house and stuff anyways.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010