hospital gowns

has anyone bought and used their own hospital gowns during labor/delivery?? Did you like it? Where did you buy it from??

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 10:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not me. Seems like a major waste of money to me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I used the ones at the hospital because I didn't want to ruin anything I had bought, and I couldn't see buying anything that I wasn't going to use more than 2-3 days anyway.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, I used the gowns they had for labor & delivery. However, I did bring my own gown for the overnight stays.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have always used the hospitals but I am now 11weeks preg and i heard about these super cute gowns you can buy and they also don't show EVERYTHING when you walk around....just Google it.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 10:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I used the hospital gown to deliver. They put me in two. One the right way and one coming from back to front so I didn't expose myself. The next day, I got a shower and put on my own gown.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Dont waste you money..the hospital gowns are easier for teh doctor and nurses to access your belly! I bought one ended up changing into the hospitl gown because I was getting angry that I had to take it off everytime they wanted to check me! Plus it will get all messy anyways. I did buy a couple nursing gowns to wear afterward form walmart for like 10.00. These were fine the first few days after being home too! Easy access if you are going to be nursing!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 11:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i've seen women use sports bras during labor and also just being naked too. if you want to get your own gown, then i say go for it. it's your birth and you can wear (or not wear) what you please. :)
    and you don't have to get a gown either. you can get a short and tank set. the only reason why they prefer (really want) you to wear their gowns is bc it's easy access. i see no problem in wearing shorts.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nobody every told me that was an option.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I left my sports bra on during labor & delivery. it was a pain in the butt after i wanted the pidural because it covered the spot they needed to get to...
    DDTSMommy

Comment by DDTSMommy (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nah what I do is wear either my sports bra or my nursing bra and not wear the gown.. I leave the gown on my bed so I can slip it on if I need to get up but otherwise I am covered up with a blanket. It's more comfy that way.
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010