newborn hair loss????

I know newborns lose some of the fuzz on there bodies but my one month old is losing hair on the top of his head. Is it normal? my mom say's it is but I have Never seen it happen on a baby before. I feel bad every time I look at his little head (which is a lot!!) b/c he has bald patches! I feel like im doing something wrong, or im failing as a mother. please help! Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? will it grow back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was born with tons of hair, by 3 or 4 months, he looked like he had been through chemo..he had short "adult" hair growing in and still had some longer "baby" hair hanging around. He never had a bald spot, but, loads of kids do. It will all grow back, but, it won't be a soft as the newborn hair was.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Don't worry!! It is TOTALLY normal and it will grow back eventually!!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The baby is most likely rubbing it off in some way. It is normal and it will grow back. :) Their hair is VERY thin at birth and the roots aren't always thick enough to hold the hairs in at first.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Very normal. My first and third lost all of their hair and remained bald until they were 18 months old. My 2nd, 4th and 5th all kept their hair (or their baby hair came in as quickly as their newborn hair was falling out)

Answer by missanc at 10:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The others are right, it is normal and will grow back. Stop worring and enjoy your new baby :)
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 10:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It did with my son. He was born with some dark hair and by 2 months EVERY hair fell out. Not just the back from rubbing on things, but all of it. It was dark at birth. By 6 months he had grown in some blonde hair. Now at 14 months he has a full head of light blonde hair :) Maybe your babies hair is going to do the same? It wants to change colors :) He never had bald spots. It was just like it was all falling out at the same time..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Its totally normal and grows back My son was born with hair on his ears and its was totally gone by 4 month his head was gone by 2-3month and its just starting to grow back some now (6months)
    Owensmommy32010

Answer by Owensmommy32010 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• most babies lose there hair and then it grows back thicker usually. my son lost alot of his hair but it grew back pretty quick
    ilovemy_bump

Answer by ilovemy_bump at 12:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010