How do I get my SD to stop acting like a jerk?

She is so bitchy with me and disrespectful, I am really sick of it. However, when I come down on her she starts being very sweet and helpful. AUGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Shes a teenager... it pretty much goes with the age.... all my girls went through that crap.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 7:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i remember when i did that as a teen, and my mom put up with it and i grew out of it and she forgave me i then loved her like no other and now i am 47 now and still love her, well my daughter is the same way , it takes all i have to be patient but, i remember my mom was..
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 9:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i have a stepson that does the same thing and the problem is his father lets it happen so if that is your case then it will never change if my stepson visits or what ever i distance myself and stay away from him it is easy that way other then arguing and fighting and being called names
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• maybe it's her way of getting your attention to make you show you care about her

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Girls are so much fun arnt they?  I am a mom of two teenage daughters, they have mouths on them and feel it's okay to express their feelings.  I have learned not to feed into their drama, it's okay to walk away.  Spend some alone time with her go the the movies this way your together but don't have to talk much.  Is this your step daughter? I use to get very jealous of most of my dads girlfriends.  Then he met my stepmonster, she always included me, talked to me with respect, I tried to hate her and to scare her off but we became very close.  ( my dad is since divorsed) Don't make your husband pick between you or your SD trust me this wont work.  Good Luck to you!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Nature of the beast! I would tell her if she can't talk to me with respect she will talk to no one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Mommiedear - What are you talking about? I NEVER EVER said that I wanted DH to pick between me and her.
    Anonymous