:(

Me and my SO just broke up a couple days ago & it was really bad. i really miss him though and i have this horrible feeling in my stomach.. its kind of like butterflys, but it almost hurts. its making me feel sick. its like anxiety or something. no matter how much i tell myself to calm down, i cant get it to go away. what can i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• just know that this wasn't the right relationship for you and in order to not be in the wrong relationship you have to suffer a little heartbreak . i've been there. i had one relationship in particular where my heart was broken so bad it was real physical pain. i didn't think i would truly ever get over that, but i did eventually and you will. lean on your friends. cry and grieve, and ask them to put up with you to help you get through it. i don't recommend trying to talk to him - that will only prolong the pain... if you find you need something extra don't be ashamed to go get some counseling, what you feel is real. all i can tell you is as cliche as it sounds time will heal this pain. things will change. and love yourself and take care of yourself. (hugs)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Oh sweetie, I know it hurts really bad right now- & you probably aren't sleeping or eating properly either. But time does heal all wounds. We've all been there. It's best to try to keep busy so you are not entirely focused on him, the loss of the relationship, etc. If necessary, listen to the song, "I will Survive" It's the perfect break up song to help a woman feel stronger! That & a little chocolate will help! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• try to remember (and feel it) a situation that was horrible in the past, feel how you felt at that time, remember that you felt it would never pass. Now, think with your head how this is the same, hard situation that you feel horrible, like it will never go away etc.
    Know in your head that this too will pass (maybe even learn something from)
    know in your head, but allow some time for your heart to hurt (that is natural to feel this way and healthy in a weird way)
    if you find you are dwelling on it, limit the amount of time you give yourself each day, aloow yourself only ten minutes at a time-whatever you think best

now imagine how you got through an old hard time, imagine how you will feel a year from now, or 6 months, really imagine how your life will be, nothing to specific-just things that make you feel happy

hope this helps
    gl
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Been there. Allow yourself time to mourn. Call a girlfriend or family member to vent to thats what they are there for. Do something nice for yourself! It will get better!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It will eventually go away..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry, in time it will get better and easier to deal with.. allow yourself to cry and vent to freinds or maybe even journal too. I promise you with time it does ger better, keep yourself busy in the mean time.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i totally agree with flatpax above. i am going through a tough time too its been a month since i broke up with my BF (he cheated) and the hard part is i still live with him because of financial reasons (i'll be working soon and moving out) and i use the same technique to deal with my situation day to day. i know a few months down the line he will be old news and i will be happier, meet new people,new adventures,even someone more fine. just take it one day at a time
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Give yourself time. Maybe try to talk to him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010