**BAD PARENTING**

Have you ever personally seen a PARENT BEHAVING BADLY ? Tell us about it..
Examples--drinking while their child is there, beating them.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Eh, I can't stand parents who do that. I will admit I'll have a drink or two, even if my child is home, but I dont get wasted, & I always make sure there is someone sober around, even though I know im not getting drunk & my most times, my son is in bed...

I've known moms that dont make their kids get enough sleep. instead of staying at home they drag them out all ours of the night, just because they want to be with their (not together with him at the time, ) hubby while hes working the night shift, just because............

Ive also known a few parents who've gotten stoned in front of their children. Which I think is 100% bad parenting.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, this is not as bad as your examples....but I did see my boss drive to another city about 45 minutes away nursing her infant....YES she was driving while nursing.

The only time I have ever seen anyone do this. I thought it was crazy!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My friend goes out weekly and drinks in the house before she goes
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 10:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Smoking in a car with babies/children.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I did see a mom nursing a baby while driving doing parent drop off in the morning. She was taking her older sons to school. Parents smoking around children is a pet pecs of mine. They may be great in every other way.... But still disrespectful to impact their little lungs without their understanding or ability to give consent. Sure Mom, I would love cancer and asthma. I don't think that would be their answer. Kids who are yelled at in stores tugs at my heart. When I hear a parent saying mean things beyond correction. Or when I see a parent grab a child, not just a spank, but really slinging the child around and smacking them - that hurts my soul too. My big thing is about respect. Considering a child's needs and point of view.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate it when I see a small child walking along far behind the parent. I see this frequently in the mall... the mother is walking, not paying attention to her toddler who is ten, fifteen feet behind her!! I don't understand that. When I'm out with my 2-year old in situations like that he is either in a stroller or holding on to my hand - no questions about it! It would be WAY to easy for someone to just snatch him up if I let him lag so far behind me.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We've all made mistakes, why do we need to make other people feel bad? there are bad people out there, but we are only human.we are trying our best yey at every turn someone has a reason to call someone a bad mom. Heck, my mom isn't perfect but i'm ok. So why dont we support each other, because as mothers, we know how hars the other person has it.
    mom0914

Answer by mom0914 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate when parents smoke in a home with kids. My daughter's friends parents smoke in their home and her friends always smells like smoke. It's awful.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• kids not in car seats drives me nuts, or parents not paying attention to kids, like at the park, or grocery store. At the super market they were asking everyone if they had seen a 3 year the mother wasn't even sure what he was wearing. He happened to be at a sample table asking for more cookies, how do you not no what your kid is wearing or better yet where he is?
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• wll i live on an army base and it amazing me how these parents here just let there children roam the neighbor hood all day long (they dont even watch them) this makes me so made i always go outside with my children just because this is an army base doesnt mean its safe...there are 2 yr olds that just roam around...also the other day my neighbor walked to go get her daughter from school and she was walking behind this lady and a child (the child was not hers she was babysitting) and the little girl was walking on the curb and the sitter said you better get off that crib before you fall because i dont like you enough to have to sit in the ER with you all night and neither does your mom and then she decide to tell the child that she was going to cut her feet off because the little girls pants were to long and dragging on the ground......children should never be talked to this way ever
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 11:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010