A question for RN's

Ive finally decided im going back to school to get my RN, so im wondering what an average day is like for you RN's, honestly!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 10:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• sorry i dont have an answer but here is a bump since no one has answr your question hopefully someone can read it and you can get an answer good luck and thats good that you want to further your education congrats
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I work in the Nicu. We care for many different kids of babies from birth through 1 year of life. The majority of the kids are born preterm and have respiratory as well as feeding issues. Many of the kids are on ventilators and have central lines for nutrition and medications . Some of the kids have surgical or cardiac conditions. The work is fast paced and exciting. In addition, we do lots of family education and discharge teaching. I have been an Nicu nurse for most of my 30 year career. The field has changed over the years-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I definately know I couldnt do the NICU, my son was a 23 weeker (actually because of spending so much time in the hospital is what made me want to go into nursing) and I wouldnt be able to work in the NICU without seeing every baby as him.

But big kudos to you, the NICU nurses we had were absolutely amazing!! You guys make such a big difference not only just to the babies but the parents as well!!
    23wkrmommy

Comment by 23wkrmommy (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sorry dont have an answer for this one, hope your fine your answer. Sorry!!!
    Dolotuc

Answer by Dolotuc at 12:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010