Did your feet grow when you were pregnant?

Just wandering. I've only been pregnant once, but it ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. I'm ttc now and saw something on the today's show about it. Just wandered how common it is. I've never heard any of my friends with kids say anything about it.

shoot4thestars

Asked by shoot4thestars at 11:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, mine seemed to get wider too!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 11:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!!! I use to wear a 7...easily...now I do good to get into an 8....!!!

My dh thought I was crazy till I showed him something on the internet about it being true! lol.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my feet swelled about a size but they are back to the normal size!
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yep, I gained a half size.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine feet swelled during pregnancy, but stayed larger by half a size after my 2nd. There are a lot of ligament in your feet, you body secretes relaxin, a hormone that makes your ligaments extra stretchy while your preggers.... so that your hips have some give when you are giving birth. Once a ligament stretches it does not shrink back very easily. That's why our feet tend to get bigger or wider after pregnancy. But, I'll take a half size up to have my two cuties for sure!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My first pregnancy I was 18 and used to be a 7.5...i went to an 8.5...I went back down to an 8 on average. My other 2 pregnancies there was no change and my feet only swelled if i was on them for too long.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine grew 1/2 a size and were totally swollen all the time.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 11:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yep sure did. I was a 8-8.5 before pregnancy and im now a 9-9.5 since i had my son..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Before my first pregnancy I wore size 6. Now, after 3 kids, I wear 7 and a half or 8. And I didn't gain extra weight. Even when very thin,my feet are bigger. I don't get it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sorry to say - esp. if you have those shoes you just love- but my feet did go up a 1/2 size & never went back. Look at it this way- you get to go shoe shopping once you feel up to it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010