What is the longest it has taken your body to reset after pregnancy?

With my first child a little over a year, I bfed her until 16 months. WIth my second I just back to normal and I bfed her until 18 months. It feels so good to nearly be me. That took forever.

i.e. when I am preggo I am starving, and obsessed with food, hence I gained 80-90 lbs. Just in the last 2 weeks I am back to not thinking about food. Hoping the weight goes with that. My youngest is going to be 3 in three months.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 11:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• I was back in my regular skinny clothes within two weeks of giving birth. I was really surprised I didn't breastfeed and I was 30 so I expected it to take a bit longer. Within three months of giving birth my tummy was completely flat and you couldn't tell I had ever been pregnant. My son was huge he was born 4 weeks during an emergency induction and was 8 pounds 3 ounces. I only got two stretch marks you have to get really close to see them now. I have only delivered one time so who knows if I would be the same way next time.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Momtolucas I secretly hate you. : ) But that is awesome for you.
    DevilInPigtails

Comment by DevilInPigtails (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I gained 60 lbs with my dd. I lost the weight fairly quickly but I think emotionally it took me longer to recover. It was prob a year before I felt back to normal. I was scared to leave my dd and I felt like I had panic attacks when I left her. She didnt sleep well and I slept alot during the day with her. I think I was just young and away from my family, in a not so great realtionship. Pregnancy really thru me for a loop! I hope it is better for me the next time!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• According to the World Health Org you should wait at least 3 years before ttc because it takes that long for your body to recover enough for a healthy womb environment for the next baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010