Intestinal Infection... has your baby ever had this?

My baby girl has had really bad gas for a couple weeks now, and I was thinking of changing her formula (I've asked numerous questions about all of this). I'm not now because she is doing better as far as gas is concerned. But yesterday she spit up an entire bottle and has had diarrhea 4 times last night and 10 times today. I called the pediatrician (I got the doctor I dont like, because he is usually wrong). Over the phone he said it is definitely an intestinal infection. He said to give her as much pedialyte as she will take, along with her formula. I have been, but I am just curious how long this typically lasts, and if your baby had this before... did they have really bad gas for a couple weeks prior?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• FOLLOW YOUR GUT, I'D GET A SECOND OPINION. INTESTINAL BUGS CAN LAST 24 HOURS TO ABOUT A WEEK I THINK. BUT DON'T HOLD ME TO IT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Stomach bugs can last a long time, the vomiting a couple days, diarrhea a week or more! Watch the formula, if it makes her have really huge blow out switch to the same brand in soy, lactose is hard on the tummy and makes diarrhea worse.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I wonder why your doctor didn't order a blood test for milk allergy. I will ask him on this one and about soy formula. My younger started off very stinky gas bomb, and he threw up all the time.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• He didnt order a test because hes an idiot... I really hate him. He was the one on call. The other two ped's in that office are awesome though. He has "diagnosed" over the phone numerous times and been wrong. If she gets worse I am taking her to the ER, but he just told me to give her pedialyte which I was already doing...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2008