Do you let your kids have candy?

Asked by Shelly922731 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Not on a normal basis.. Hardly ever really. After dinner, they get some sort of dessert or something..yogurt, pudding, cookie..

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, but a very limited amount.

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yep

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No. They get to binge on halloween night, then we get rid of the rest of it (save for things like hershey bars that can be put in the freezer). They get treats on their birthday, x-mas, etc.

It's a "treat", and is treated as such.

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, normally when he is with me my son (who is 10), can have some kind of candy/cookie/cake once a day, and one can or glass of coke a day. I figure, he enjoys him, but by limiting them to one a day, he is also learning that they are great to enjoy in moderation.

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I never bought any. They are now adults and don't eat much. They are all normal weight or underweight.

Answer by Gailll at 11:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yes, if he is being good he gets candy.

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Of course I do. Getting to have candy is a normal part of being a child. That doesn't mean I let them have as much as they want, whenever, or wherever they want though. If it's a special ocassion like a holiday I let them have a little more but most of the time they might get candy anywhere from 1-4 times a month and it's usually just one piece. I also encourage them to brush or eat celery or chew gum (sugar free) to help clean their teeth off after eating candy so it hopefully does minimal damage to their teeth. Everything should be given in moderation so I just try not to overdo it. We also don't do desserts with our meals so their choice is usually cand or a dessert and they still only get to have a treat of any kind at most once a week (except holidays).

Answer by -Cassandra- at 11:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not regularly, but once in a while as a treat.

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• of course ! not as a meal lol but I can't imagine a child that couldn't have candy ! even sugar free is better than none lol !

Answer by msh88 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010