2 year old Potty Training

My little girl turned 2 this past july. She doesnt seem ready for potty training at all. for example: doesnt stay dry long, doesnt want to be changed when wet, ect. today i am staying home all day, so i decided to just put her in underwear and see what happens. I did this once before (prior to her turning two) and she didnt even notice that she was peeing... nor did she care when her undies were soaking wet. am i wasting my time and should just wait..... or do you think if i stay home a few days and keep doing this then it will click?

ps. while i was typing this, she peed in her underwear and said mommy i peed.

DRM0329

Asked by DRM0329 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She isn't ready. If she cannot stay dry for longer periods of time, she doesn't have bladder control.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• With mine I tried underwear with plastic panties. I think it helped her learn faster bc she could feel the peepee puddle up in the plastic panties. She is 2.5. You never know, maybe she's not ready. But you can try and she will let you know when she feels comfortable with it. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• First of all, if she isn't showing readiness, then just putting underwear on her won't do a thing. If you want her to grasp any concept, you can either wait until she is showing all the signs or start now. You take her and have her try to go on the potty every 15 minutes and keep it up until it is habit and then up the time to 30 minutes and so on until trained. My son was 2.5 when I started. I put him in underwear and used the method I described. He was day and night trained in 4 days. He was showing all the signs and I went with it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I dont think she is ready. My son who is 24 months (turned 2 Aug 15) is peeing on the potty daily now. but still wears a diaper at night & when we got places. Ive tried undies put he pees in them and he knows he is peeing. SO i keep him naked, and he runs to the potty whenever he has to go. Maybe try that.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010