How do you make your Potato Soup? What do you put in it?

I'm making a big pot of potato soup this weekend and mines delicious, but I just wanna see what you ladies put in yours ...maybe I'll do it a little differently this time! =)

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My favorite recipe: 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped. 1 onion, peeled and chopped. Enough water to cover, and cook until tender. Remove from heat and mash with potato masher. Add 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 3-oz. pkg of softened cream cheese, and enough milk to make the consistency you like. Put back on stove and heat through. Serve with grated cheese and bacon if you like it that way. Salt and pepper to taste. This is very easy to double, and I just go ahead and use an 8-oz. pkg of cream cheese. Tastes like O'Charley's and other restaurants' potato soups.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I make LOADED baked potato soup! YUm! I use red potatoes diced, bacon, chives, sour cream, and cheddar cheese in mine. And I do use chicke broth as my base and a few tablespoons of instant mashed potatoes for texture.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, first I lift the little pull tab up from the lid of the can. Then, I pull back and take the top off. After that, I turn the can upside down and pour it into a bowl or pot on the stove. :)

I actually would love to make potato soup, but I don't know how. Maybe I can get some ideas from this post, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I personally don't make it but my MIL does and its YUMMY! I think she just puts potatoes and a little bit of hamburger and some onions and um... dang not sure what else, i have the recipie somewhere but we've never made it cause she makes it all the time for us! lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I first do the shallots and leeks in evoo, salt, onion, potatoes...chicken stock....blender it until smooth with milk~dress with white pepper on the table.
    (green soup is shallots, leeks, asparagus, brocolli, sweated in the salt and evoo (verses browned) and chicken stock....spinach just at the end blend~60 Cals a cup and tons of minerals).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• How do you make yours? please post recipe!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I use potatoes (size usually determines how many, lol), and about 1 medium sized onion, butter, and chicken broth. Boil that until the potatoes are good and soft, then I add milk, cheese and a little bit of flour to thicken it.
    I also like to make it with both potatoes and broccoli in it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You guys are making me hungry!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't make it very often since it is not the healthiest dish I make. It is nice on a cold night though and so delicious I do give us a treat. I make potato and leek soup. I cook quartered Yukon gold potatoes and three large cut up leeks in the oven. I season with salt and pepper and toss in a bit of oil and then roast in the oven until the potatoes are done. I add some arugula the last 10 minutes of cooking. I put the potatoes, leeks and arugula in the food processor with some chicken stock and blend until it is the consistency I like. I add the mixture to a pan on the stove and add a little low fat milk, white wine, low fat sour cream, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and gently heat. Ina Garten makes this but I have changed some ingredients to lower the calories in the recipe. I do make a little crispy bacon to put on top for texture. We have a spinach salad with it.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine is just potatoes, canned milk, butter, salt and pepper, and onions. Then I separate some and put salmon in for dh. I put cheese and bacon in our bowls.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010