What are you go to (easy) diet dishes?

I'm getting back on the wagon! 9/7 is the day! I am going full force back on my diet, I'm am going to lose these 20 lbs if it kills me!

Some of my favorite diet dishes are escarole and beans and veggie chili, I'll make big pots of them and portion them out for quick lunches for me. Would love some more ideas!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I like chicken stir fry. i saute onions, celery, carrots, garlic and bell pepper in a pan with cooking spray. I boil chicken, chop it and toss it in teryaki sauce. Serve with brown rice, touch of soy sauce, top with lots of veggies and some chicken. You cna do whatever veggies you like. My dd only eats broccoli so i make her a pan of steamed broccoli for her rice.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like the herb mix of salad at walmart. I drain black beans and rinse to make taco salad. lots of green, black beans, green onions, cilantro, tiny sprinkle of cheese, 1 crunched up taco shell and light french dressing or taco sauce for dressing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Chicken wraps & stir frys!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Grilled chicken and roasted veggies! Simple and yum. I use low-fat or even weight watchers cookbooks for new ideas. I have this one book, just called Vegetables, with recipes for nothing but...vegetables. It uses some veggies I've never even heard of and they're all relatively simple to make and yet sooo delicious AND healthy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like(d) grilled chicken with green beans and salsa on top when I was dieting, its tastes good and keeps you full for longer. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I love something quick and easy: 3 ideas

Perdue already cooked chicken slices, with a salad already bagged. Ummm ummm good.... Your favorite low fat dressing.

Perdue already cooked chicken on wheat wrap or vege wrap with frozen steamed bag of peppers, onions sauteed I add my own dressing. UMMG UUM GOOD>
    The 3 minute way way for me is Wendys side salad .99 and I add the chicken perdue... That is my quickest way..
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• chicken (ceaser) salads, roll ups - which i just take a slice of mozzerella cheese, put a slice of turkey on it and roll it up (i eat like 6 or so of them) with some fruit, tuna fish
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i LOVE eggs or egg whites with lots of green and red peppers!!! sometimes a little bit of lean summer sausage
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My dh is losing weight by taking sugar totally out of his diet. He eats wraps for lunch. That is the only time he eats any bread/tortillas.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If you are truly interested in becoming healthy and living the lifestyle then this is the site for you!
    SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010