help with speech classes in OHIO?

I am a sahm of three, we just found out that my oldest son31/2 has high functioning autism. He goes to a developmental preschool where he gets speech, and soon to get ot as well. i also take him to speech therepy out side of school once a week, but my insurence will only pay for 30 vistits a year( what do they think i should do with the other 22 weeks of the year) i was wondering if any one knew of any services that could help me pay for the other 22 weeks or any free classes. my husband is the only income we have due to i can afford to work and pay for daycare for three children. so we do not have any extra money to pay for the other weeks that insurence will not pay for. we live near toledo in ohio

merney

Asked by merney at 8:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOOK UP JENNY MCCARTHY'S WEBSITE. I BELIEVE SHE HAS RESOURCES ON IT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• We live in Marion, OH and our daughter gets speech therapy from the school district where we live, even though we homeschool. It is no cost to us. I would contact the school district you are in and ask. Good luck!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I live in Massachusetts and they have a progam called Early Intervention. I am not sure if your son mets the age requirements but its worth a try do lots of online research since there are so many orginizations and celebrities always trying to bring attention to autisim GOOD LUCK!!!
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Your son would be too old for Early Intervention, that's birth to age three. If the developmental preschool is through the school district as I assume, they are the only ones I know about that offer the services for free. You could talk to the school district about getting more speech in his IEP.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• thanks toriandgrace, your right her son is too old at three. I would call them anyway maybe they have contacts and resources for children who are 3 and are in need services . i cant imagine them saying sorry your kid's 3 see ya. Good Luck if I come across anything I wll try to find this post again and submit them
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008