Why do I even bother?!

I love the smell of clean bedding- but my 19 y/o son must not appreciate it it like I do. I just did the bedding the other day- he slept in his unmade bed- with the clean stuff just laying in a heap! His clean clothes aren't in much better shape! Why do they do this? It just drives me crazy!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Don't feel bad. My 18 yo twin boys think their bedroom floors are their closets. UGH! Here's how I look at it, to maintain some form of sanity. They have been taught the proper way to do laundry and where it BELONGS. They will be out on their own before too long. They will either do it right - or not. But, someday, a girl is gonna come along and WAKE THEM UP! LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• make him do his own laundry
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They do it because they get away with it. Don't let him get away with it anymore.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son does his own laundry, will not let me touch it, this is one of the many things he learned away to school!

Answer by older at 12:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• What kind of laundry soap/fabric softener do you use? It could be the smell of it that he doesn't like but then again some guys just don't care and are messy.
    Momma2Miranda

Answer by Momma2Miranda at 12:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They do it because they know they can get away with it! i went thru the same thing with my kids then i stopped and they finally figured out, im tired of the bs and your on your own tough love is not a bad thing at 23 my son has his own apartment and a job and car,my daughter is majoring in culinary school in south america. so there is light at the end of the tunnel : )
    pyrofyterwife

Answer by pyrofyterwife at 3:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thats what i would do. make him do his own laundry.. and it sounds to me like he is lazy
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• LOL My son does the same. He never liked a sheet on his bed but now that is hot he wants a sheet . So I buy him one and I go in there and he has the top sheet on but not the bottom. Arrggh. How lazy is that?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think a better question is why are you still doing his laundry? :) Especially if he doesn't appreciate it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They're lazy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010