Thanks for the advice!

This has been a very difficult time for my daughter and I. My husband abandoned us for his "girlfriend" and I had asked for advice here on what to do because he is in the military. Most of you gals said "report him to commander in chief and they will deal with him" while some of you gals said "the military won't help" I also spoke to my brother who use to be in the military and he gave me numbers to call. Whooo did it completely gave my husband a curve ball. Now that the military is involved, He is ordered to give us $700 per month! He hasn't been giving us money and I want to thank you gals and my bro for the advice! I told my M-I-L and she said "I'm so proud of you, maybe now he knows you're not playing" He still doesn't call to check on his child but at least we're getting money from him now. Like they say "a way to hurt a guy is through his pockets" or something like that...=)

devinebeauty

Asked by devinebeauty at 12:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Lol, way to go sister!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• These nice ladies pointed you in the right direction, but kudos to you for doing something! That doesn't always happen! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Good job! Touche' .....or however you spell that. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Infidelity is a crime under UCMJ (Universal Code of Military Justice), so he could face prosecution if you decide to report him to his CO. Of course, that depends on whether they decide it's worth their effort to prosecute, but the charge will still remain a black spot in his file.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Good. I'm glad you're recieving what you deserve!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• is it a coincidence that a mans pockets are so close to his 'head'

good for you!

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• good for you!! at least u are getting some financial help. BUT whatever u do dont let him back into your life. any man who abandons their child for a piece of ass is NOT a quality human being. period. end of story.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Good job!! You will get this money as long as you don't get divorced, so as long as he is an idiot, keep raking it in!!
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• One more bit of advice, if he ever stops paying, go directly to JAG. My ex thought he was smart. He wouldn't pay. His chain of command thought they were smart, too. I went to them about it, they didn't help. I just got my check from the US Treasury. That's all. You will get it one way or the other. He will just hurt himself from now on. You have help here girl! Don't forget that!
    I'm sooo glad you took our advice! And that it's worked out. You go girl!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010