To all ladies who had braxton hicks before going into real labor!

Im 37 weeks pregnant and am dilated to 2 cm and 60% effaced and lost my plug over a week ago. I have had braxton hicks for days! Tonight they started mild, and then got a tiny bit stronger. I took a bath, and they didnt let up..then I got out of the bath and got my PJ's on and they are still coming, pretty consistant about every 3-5 min, lasting about 30 sec. Anyone experience this? Any personal experiences with early labor or braxton hicks welcome!!!!! They dont hurt, just tight.

brennan7707

Asked by brennan7707 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• FOR ME THEY WERE CONSISTANT FOR 4 HOURS, THEY MADE MY BELLY GET TIGHT AND THEY STARTED HIGH AND WORKED THEIR WAY DOWNMY BELLY AND ONTO THE TOP OF MY THIGHS A BIT. iF THEY STAY REGULAR CALL YOUR DR.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• OOPS, I WAS DESCRIBING THE REAL THING. THE BRAXTON HICKS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE BUT AREN'T CONSISTANT. MY REAL CONTRACTIONS WEREN'T PAINFUL UNTIL I WAS ABOUT 7 CMS.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I had them like that for a week at 35 weeks and guess what not Braxton Hicks I was in early labor. but mine did hurt occasionally
    Heydes01

Answer by Heydes01 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• FOR ME THE BRAXTON HICKS WAS SLIGHTLY PAINFUL HOWEVER THEY WERE MORE ANNOYING. THEY MADE YOU FEEL JUST MISERABLE AND I HAD THEM FOR THE LAST MONTH I WAS PREGNANT!
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 8:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• not to change the subject--but did you ask your dr. before takeing a bath? i was always told not to take a bath when i started to dialate.bacteria can get up in there.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• yeah braxton hicks are not regular
    Starzgurl4

Answer by Starzgurl4 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• sounds like the real thing call your doctor BH dont hurt and are not timable down to every 3-5 mins like that. BH has a pattern more like 12, 34, 6, 5, 12, 21, 13, 30, 10, 9, 18 apart and so on.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 9:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If you are having constant "contractions" that aren't letting up after a bath, you might want to check with your health care specialist. Braxton Hicks should let up with a bath.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It sounds like it might be true labor if they are consistent, getting closer together, getting stronger or do not go away when you change position. I was pg with twins and started having BH contractions at 20 weeks (I gave birth at 32 1/2 weeks). They were not painful at all, just tight, and would go away when I drank water, laid on my left side or changed positions and took it easy. I would call your OB right away and get his or her opinion. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I had braxton hicks so much and they actually hurt so much that for me it was hard to tell if they were real or not until THREE HOURS before I had Nick....But when I finally knew they were real was when they were every 2 to 3 mins apart and each one got stronger and stronger and eventually I had to breathe through them..
    xhighonlovex

Answer by xhighonlovex at 9:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008