"Fireproof"...who saw it?

Has anybody seen this movie? We saw it last night. Before I give my opinion, I'd like to hear yours. Did it move you? Did it cause you to reflect on your marriage? What did you like/dislike?

OldrWizrMom

Asked by OldrWizrMom at 8:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I WANT TO SEE IT. WAS IT GOOD?
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• OH MY GOSH. My husband and I went to see it last night, and to our happy surprise the theater was almost full!

I cried on and off during the whole movie! I was completely moved and it was so touching. I hope every married couple goes to see it.

Kirk Cameron is totally hot in this movie and the gossip is that he refused to kiss someone other than his wife, so they had her stand in during the kissing scene. What a man!
    muddysuzi

Answer by muddysuzi at 8:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Havent seen it yet...but would love too....I have had a crush on Kirk since I was 13....such a GREAT stand up guy!!!! With morals!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I've been hearing about this movie for months and months now! Since they first started filming or finishing up filming. I can't wait to see it! I hope everyone says it was good, cuz I can't wait!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I was wondering about the kissing scenes. I didn't know his wife was a stand-in & was thinking how incredibly awkward it would have been for him to kiss another woman. I heard that it was very low-budget and only one camera man was used for the whole movie.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 9:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i have not seen it yet. the closest movie theater from where i live (about 50 miles away) was not going to carry it at all. but my church (about 35 miles away) promised they would endorse the movie, and that the church would make sure there would be a crowd while the movie was playing. my church is about 1,000 people (give or take) so i guess that was enough for the theater to go for it. im so glad. i cant wait to go see it this week with my husband! hope you guys liked it!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 9:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I haven't seen it but I know alot of people that have and they all said it was excellent. And yes Chelsea stood in for his wife in the movie. He is adamant about not kissing any woman other than his wife. I think that is awesome!
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• What did everyone's husband's think of this movie??
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think mine cried. I saw him wipe his face a couple of times. He LOVED it. He's the one who picked it.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 9:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think I'm gonna see if hubby will go see it with me tomorrow, we have free movie tickets, I think this movie is worth it. We've been really into this kind of marriage help latley, cuz of issues creeping up. I've read many many books on marriage and my husband has read a couple and they have helped in amazing ways! Here are a couple of books you ladies might be interested in if you liked this movie:

Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs

Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes

Both AWESOME books!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008